Another Keto Sushi Roll success! And this recipe is delicious!!! I don’t miss the real thing!
“I saw many recipes online and YouTube and I came out with my recipe. Having hosted many “real”/non-keto sushi dinners before I know the real sushi rice is seasoned with rice vinegar, sugar and salt, so when I saw recipes with only cream cheese or recipes that added soy sauce to the cauliflower I quickly moved to the next.
There’s no need for soy sauce since that’s what we’ll be dipping the sushi in any way.
I also learned from making cauliflower dough pizza that it’s important to remove excess liquid using a cheesecloth/nut milk bag so I did that for this recipe but no sushi rice recipe mentioned this step. This step will help the “rice” stay “sticky” together with the cream cheese.
The ingredients are very few and you may already have them, so follow the recipe:
To make the recipe a success, you must respect the cooking time and temperature, so follow the steps described below step by step. Likewise, the ingredients must also be carefully measured and prepared before starting the recipe.
*Video : how to roll sushi Rolls (second page)
- 2 bags frozen riced cauliflower (20oz total Or 3 cups)- I used two 10 oz bags, Green Giant brand – some brands make a very large “grain” but not Green Giant.
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp erythritol (I used Lakanto brand monk fruit with erythritol)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- Microwave each bag for 6 and a half minutes. Let cool. When cooled, strain/squeeze all excess liquid using a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. Place cauliflower in a bowl.
- Mix the rice vinegar and erythritol in a small bowl and microwave on low power for 30 seconds. Stir to combine until erythritol is dissolved.
- Add rice vinegar/erythritol to the cauliflower followed by cream cheese and sesame oil. Use a spoon to mix well. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes just to cool a little and have cream cheese become firmer.
- Make your rolls with seaweed using a bamboo sheet and add fillings of your preference.
Recipe Note :
This recipe made exactly 4 rolls(4 “logs”), and each roll yielded 8-9 pieces.
For the shrimp, you want to stick a toothpick in each shrimp making it straight before boiling so it doesn’t curl. Boil shrimp for 3 minutes. Filling options are endless.
Can I skip the erythritol?
if you skip it use another sweetener if you want it to taste like the real thing. Real sushi rice takes sugar. It needs the slight sweetness. I don’t think it would be as good without it. A big difference. It’s very little that you use.
If you never made sushi or your sushi doesn’t stay “closed”/sealed, you might not be “sealing” it right with a wet finger. Watch the video below on how to roll sushi and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Video : how to roll sushi Rolls
You might also like :
- Keto brownies only 2 g of carbs per serving!
- keto spaghetti sauce
- Homemade Nutella Keto
- keto gummy bears
- Keto Bread in 90 Second
- Keto spinach pie
- keto bread
- Keto Chocolate Mousse