- 5 tablespoon salted butter, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet corn extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Put 2 tbsp of the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet and place it in the oven to melt the butter. Either in the microwave or a small saucepan on the stovetop, heat the remaining 3 tbsp of butter until just melted.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water, and 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until we combined. Stir in the corn extract, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and bake for 25-30 min, until lightly browned on top and around the edges. EAT!